Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Long time no see...

I guess it seems fitting to switch to a new site when I write my first post in like 9 months. At any rate, I'm going to give Blogspot a shot, see how I like it. If not, I'll be back to LJ. But Blogspot looks cool, is much more customizeable than LJ, at least unless you want to fork out some cash. And hey, all my friends are doing it. Yes, I would jump off the bridge. I'm a sheep. Baaa.

Let's see, a quick summary of my life for the last nine months: About eight months ago I sold my house, bought a new house, moved to Portland, started a new job, and had a baby. That whole process took about two months, and we've pretty much been recovering ever since.

Now, the rest of that has definitely caused much chaos in my life, but those last three words are the most important: had a baby. Technically I didn't actually give birth, but you get the idea. At any rate, Cedar Elijah Lucas was born at home (our new home) on May 28, 2005. He's six months old now (man the time flies), and is truly the happiest damn baby I've ever met. He's rolling himself around on the floor, which means he'll be crawling in no time, and is currently chattering away to himself. His sister (who is 3 1/2 now), loves him dearly, although that might well change when he gets old enough to mess with her stuff. :)

I look at the pictures, and can't really believe it's my life. I mean, it's so domestic. But I tell you what, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel extremely lucky, and thankful every day. Sometimes life gets really hectic and I forget, but really it's your family and friends that are important, having people around that love you and care about you. The rest is just details.

Portland's pretty cool (actually we live in Beaverton, which is basically the Bellevue of Portland), although we don't really know anyone here. We've met a few people through my work, and through Sage's preschool, but haven't really clicked with anyone. I hope that'll change a bit when Cedar's done breastfeeding and we can get a babysitter and go out to places that aren't necessarily child friendly. In the meantime, we'll just have to make a lot of trips up to Seattle.

Guess that's all for now, short and sweet. Next time I'll rant about something witty and insightful, I promise.

1 comment:

Mattbear said...

Being a sheep is ok, it's just important to be the lead sheep. :P

I forget that Cedar's birthday is May 28. It's weird how the birthdays coincide - Sage's and Chas's within 11 days, and Cedar's within 2 days of mine.

And if Chas had been born on his due date, he and Cedar would have the same birthday. I suppose that's not too surprising considering the circumstances of both boys' conceptions. Perhaps someone should do a poll of Burners to find out how many have children born in May since they started attending BM? I bet the number would be high.